29 September 2011

Who needs sleep?


Remember that song by the Barenaked Ladies? I find myself singing it in my head pretty often these days:

"Who needs sleep?
Well you're never gonna get it!
Who needs sleep?
Tell me what's that for?
Who needs sleep?
Be happy with what you're getting...."

Sometimes I feel like a zombie. Sometimes I even act like one...I'm so hopeful that Joshua will forget how short my temper is if I keep trying every day to be better. Someday, I'll get enough sleep again...

On a similar note, Joshua has been testing his sleeping boundaries, too. He's moved into his new room, and often elects to play with his toys rather than sleeping at nap time. Which is ok, he is still having quiet time. But while dinner is being prepared, it is always apparent that little Joshua still needs to have a nap. I am trying to brainstorm ways to achieve a nap from where we are now. I think if I were to put him into his crib or into a pack'n'play, he would climb out, and start climbing in other ways, too. But in the meantime, I have a growing collection of crazy positions I find Joshua in when he does happen to nap. Please enjoy, and give advice if you have any.







5 comments:

  1. Okay that's hysterical!! Haha, the one with his hand in the wipes box is the best!! As far as advice, you can take it or leave it, but if this was my situation I would take the toys out of his room so he'd have nothing to do but go to sleep in his room. Make it a "sleep only" room. But that's just mean ol' me. Good luck!! It wasn't too far past 2 that Thatcher bid naps farewell forever, so maybe it's just getting close to that time :( sad, I know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have any advice, but he is such a cute kid! Hopefully he starts to get the picture when he sees that Caleb takes regular naps too. Right... :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor little guy!

    I don't have any advice though. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE finding the kids sleeping in new places. Then I know they've been having tons of fun...
    No advice on the quiet time deal. We're still trying to figure it out too.
    BTW- I think Joshua is pretty awesome. I loved playing with him last night when he was so giggly.

    ReplyDelete

Want to talk, just call us