06 October 2008

The Cold War

Today I have banded myself with a new fraternity. It's called club for rednecks, psychos, and lunatics.

I bought a gun.
I'll go ahead and answer your questions in advance: Yes, it's dangerous; and no, they didn't check to see if I was mentally stable before giving me a lethal weapon.

Honestly, it's probably safer that way. It's kinda like the cold war. If enough crazy people are carrying big enough weapons, then no one can be the aggressor. The penalty is too high.
Level-headed people with guns are worthless,and truly maniacal weapon wielders are dangerous. But give guns(or nuclear weapons) to the enough mildly insane people, the ones who are probably OK, the ones who have only lost a few marbles, me (still looking for my favorite blue marble that i lost while i was water tubing in GA), then the world becomes infinitely safer.
No one flirts with the "edge" of the laws, because my goofy cross-eyed grinning face might not be able to tell which side of the line they're on. You just don't test a loon.

So, peace is preserved by that time honored adage: "Better safe than blown up".



after receiving a few questions about this gun i guess i should explain more. It's a hi-point 9mm handgun (nice shiny black semi-auto pistol). We got the gun for two purposes:
1. safety, although springville isn't the world's most dangerous city, it's a long term safety investment.
2. it'll be fun to go shooting every once in a while. (mostly this reason is just a bonus, we wouldn't buy a gun for this reason).
Thanks for the comments/questions.

3 comments:

  1. What kind of gun was it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. So why did you do it? You left me hanging!! As a security thing? You guys feel in danger? Worried...

    ReplyDelete
  3. so....let's have "gun safety" sooner than later...

    ReplyDelete

Want to talk, just call us