05 November 2008

Halloween in Cedar City



We were so lucky to get to spend Halloween with the Shurtliffs in Cedar City. Brooklyn was the cutest cow that you ever did see, and farmers Tim and Amber filled her utter with candy. Benjamin and I dressed as Yin and Yang. I was as white as could be, and Benjamin (with curly hair and wide nose) was as black as we could get him. We had fun with our creative twist.



We also got to take Saturday and hike Angel's Landing at Zion's. It was beautiful. We had a great time, although we weren't exactly prepared for a full hike. We only had a bag of left-over candy to serve as lunch/dinner. But somehow we survived. You don't have huge muscles for no reason...


Yikes. I almost turned back...

Trying to get the full scope of how high we were...and I was too scared to get any closer than this. I think we decided not to rock climb this site, since it takes 3 or 4 pitches
of rope just to get down...

Crazy tourists...

Hey, check out what we found... Wohoo!! "ra-ra-rarara! ra-ra-rarara! GOOOO COUGARS!!!!"

3 comments:

  1. Crazy! That looks like a neat site though, Zions Nat'l! You'll have to take us next time we're out there. That was quite the drop, I got scared right here from my laptop! I love the picture of all 5 of you at that point- that was an amazing view!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like an awesome trip! Look at those pictures...you never get tired of them, do you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fun! I've enjoyed reading through both of your posts. I never knew you were so funny, Benjamin! :D Soooo.... Where would one send a wedding present that they didn't send a year and a half ago....??? (Gack!! I can't believe we missed your reception! It was right at the end of school/ trying to move chaos) Better late than never, right???

    ReplyDelete

Want to talk, just call us