04 November 2008

I voted this morning, but Benjamin has to vote tonight

Actually I voted four times already, and I plan on voting several more times this afternoon.
Since they don't ask for any ID when voting, just a name, I can vote once for every name I can think of. I know there are a few problems with this voting method, but they are all small problems.

Q) How do you know the person you named isn't going to vote themselves?
A) They would be silly to drive down to the polling station when I've already voted for them...
Also, statistically Hispanics are much less likely to vote, so I usually say my name is Gorge Lopez or something like that.
Q) What happens when you vote proxy for someone else who does vote today?
A) There is a little confusion, but in the end we all know they voted for the best candidate(the one I chose).
Q) Did it raise suspicion to your Bishop's wife who works at the polling station that you've voted 4 times already?
A) It did get a little bit dicey once, but after I explained to her that I wasn't the white curly-headed Benjamin she knew, but rather that I was not white and my name was Gorge it was fine (since they don't ask for ID there)

Q) Why do you drive to a polling station, wait in line for hours, and miss school just to cast a vote that doesn't really matter.
A) You're vote doesn't matter because you only voted once. My ten votes today will be 1000% as effective as your vote. Also, I would vote on the internet, but the internet is a very new and unknown technology. It isn't nearly secure enough to be trusted with managing my credit cards, banking, IRAs, business and school info, and my vote....

oh wait....

Benjamin

2 comments:

  1. haha!
    seriously, we sould be allowed to vote on the internet....espically for george lopez, jr, and sr.

    ReplyDelete

Want to talk, just call us