13 November 2009

What I've Learned in 12 weeks!!



Joshua was born just 12 weeks ago today. I wanted to list a few things I have learned since then, and hopefully different things that what I learned by 6 weeks.
  1. When Joshua gets fussy, and I know he's not hungry or wet, it's NAP TIME. He's been trying to be on a schedule longer than I've realized.
  2. Babysitters make everything possible.
  3. No matter how much he spits up, Joshua is gaining weight.
  4. Joshua likes to listen to his mom sing Primary songs.
  5. The back of your hand is perfect to suck on.
  6. We learned how to DROOL.
  7. Breast-fed babies can still have stinky stinky toots.
  8. Babies sometimes don't poop for a week and a half. It's ok. They aren't going to overflow that way.
  9. Joshua needs his dad.
  10. Sometimes babies just cry. Really hard.
  11. Joshua likes to dance with his mom.
  12. Tummy-time can be the worst part of the day.
  13. Gas relief drops are most helpful as a distraction from being cranky.
  14. Conversations take two voices. And Joshua found his voice.
  15. Tiny fingernails scratch more often than normal fingernails.
  16. Joshua is trying to learn how to knock someone out with a head-butt. I've bled on the inside of my lip only once so far.
  17. Web-cameras help us feel a little more like a family.
  18. If you run out of wipes, you might as well pack up and head straight home.
  19. Babies need to wear socks in November.
  20. Joshua is the most forgiving person I've ever been around. Screaming at you one second, and flashing a genuine beautiful smile with tears still in his eyes. I want to take Forgetting Grudges 101 from him.

2 comments:

  1. I've noticed him trying to head but me a lot too! He's a little violent for three months! :D

    ReplyDelete

Want to talk, just call us