21 April 2011

I love to see the Temple


The Atlanta Temple has been closed for remodeling for the past 24+ months, and we got to attend the openhouse this past week! The dedication is scheduled for May 1, and we are thrilled for the opportunity to have the temple so close to home again! I have not attended a session in Atlanta since before Joshua was born...or before we left Provo...you get the picture. We are lucky that there are two other temples close enough to attend with a day's time: Columbia South Carolina, and Birmingham Alabama. But Atlanta is easier to accomplish with a babysitting schedule.


We also got to walk through the temple with Joshua. He enjoyed pointing at all the beautiful lights and naming Jesus in each of the paintings we saw in hallways and different rooms. Everything felt so bright and light in each of the rooms, and it really made me all the more excited for the temple to be dedicated so I can start participating in the work to be done, and feeling the blessings that are available within.


As a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, I know that families can be sealed together as families throughout eternity, even past mortal death. It is in Latter-day Saint Temples those ordinances (such as baptism and eternal marriage) are performed in behalf of those who did not have the chance to be baptized during their lives upon the earth. The Gospel is available to each of God's sons and daughters.

In temples, we can focus our attention on our relationship with the Savior without the distractions of the world around us. It is in the temple that I have felt the closest with Jesus Christ, as I reflect on the sacrifices that He made so that I can return to live with my Father in Heaven. I hope that I can teach my children to rely on the Savior, as well. I know that it is only through Jesus Christ that we can be found clean and pure in God's eyes.

I am thankful that I could show Joshua what different rooms look like inside the temple. Someday we'll be together inside again.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Want to talk, just call us