09 June 2009

Fishy family...


We have failed to mention to anybody about other members of our household. We have had some pets, and I wanted to make sure everybody knew how great they have been for us.

At a Christmas party, Benjamin and I landed with the best gift ever...A bag of fish! We're still not even sure what type of fish they are, but they are sometimes all white/clear, and at other times the fins are blackened. We were so excited because we even had a tank at home, that we hadn't done anything with yet. We got them set in some clean water, and immediately headed East to spend Christmas break in Atlanta. We were pleasantly surprised that our two fish were still alive when we returned, thanks to some fantastic fish-sitters. Before long, we had completely spruced up the tank, and it looked so homey. We even got a few goldfish to start a good assortment of playmates.

I know these pictures don't show off our family members very well, but they're there. Keep looking. It's like those "Where's Waldo" activities. And you just tell me what fish wouldn't want to live in this amazing little world. The snowman was a seasonal decoration. We have very festive fish.

But...sadly, in the move, we lost a number of our family members. We tried to find new homes for them before the stress of moving took them beyond our care. It was much more difficult to adopt them out than I would have expected. I guess people aren't as excited to bring fish home as we were. Here is our sole survivor of our fish family.

But it's ok. He has kept me company for the past 8 weeks of Provo life. Would anyone like to adopt him? He's hardy, and at least 6 months old. If not, I'll try my luck at taking him to Buffalo with me this weekend. At least we know his most luxurious home is waiting for him there. Thanks to Garrett and Katie, both Fred and myself have had a nice place to live while in Provo.

(Don't worry Katie, I'll clean your pitcher really good before I leave.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Want to talk, just call us