07 July 2009

32 weeks!!!

I just wanted to update everyone on how our little monkey-to-be is doing. He's getting bigger all the time, and has really found out that my stomach (especially with food in it) is one of the easiest things to compress when he's moving. Heartburn has become a constant companion for me. I know that I am using the toilet much more often than I did compared to months ago, but I can still usually make it through the night, which is unexpected. I can sometimes feel TOO much pressure in my lower abdomen, but with no embarrassing stories yet. Occasionally, I'll get a kick or hit on one of my lower ribs, and it is such a weird sensation. I can't think of a way to even describe it...

I know my belly is not the only thing that has plumped up (let's not talk about my hips, ok?), but Benjamin tells me it's the only noticeable difference. Isn't he great? I did notice last night for the first time that my stomach bulge was pulling uncomfortably on my side while laying in bed. I tried putting an extra pillow underneath my belly while laying on my side, and it seemed to do the trick. I'll have to see if it works two nights in a row.


I asked somebody at a pharmacy counter last weekabout if type "a" or type "b" heartburn medicine was better for pregnancy, and the girl on the other side looked me over, and asked how far along I was. I told her I was about 7 months, and she was amazed. She told me that I didn't look one bit pregnant in my face or in anything she could see. I took a couple steps back, revealing my buddah belly, and her reply was, "Girl, you be lookin' great for no 7 months pregnant. I hope I be lookin' that good when I be no 7 months..." I thanked her, and the gentleman pharmacists answered my question regarding the medication. It made me smile to think of one of the classes I just finished a BYU: multicultural issues and dialects....

It's hard to think that we'll likely have a little boy with us in 8 weeks time. Is everyone sure we're adult enough to take this on? Are you sure we're not just pretending? This is something that I always imagined I would be thinking about when I was older and had grown up. Aren't I still going to attend my Mia-Maids class every week? Aren't I still making lists of the kind of boy I want to marry, and the type of mom I want to be? When did I wake up and these faraway "someday" plans become today, yesterday, and more importantly TOMORROW?!? Any second, we're going to wake up, and Benjamin and I are going to be 15 years old, looking forward to the next youth dance at church, where we hope to get to dance with each other...

Then again, I get to hug Benjamin as soon as he gets home, get him some dinner, and give him a hug as I fall asleep snuggled close. I'm glad I'm still not 15, waiting a month to see this handsome boy. We'll still have each other when we wake up tomorrow morning.


Well, as you can see, our current situation leaves me in a reflective mood sometimes. Anticipation is building.

2 comments:

  1. You're so cute! I'm so glad you are with Benjamin! And I can't wait to see pictures of the little monkey-to-be :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. very cute photos.
    you can do it. just one thing at at time and life just keeps going...crazy world.

    ReplyDelete

Want to talk, just call us