27 October 2009

then to now

One of the pictures that I see flash on my computer occasionally is of one of my favorite places. I spent 18 months as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, and most of those 18 months were in Nauvoo, Illinois. While living in Carthage, Illinois, I took visitors on tours of the historic Carthage Jail, and to share with them what happened there. I got to share my testimony of Joseph Smith, and everything he did during his life to testify of Jesus Christ. I learned quite a bit about the early Church, and the sacrifices that individuals and families made to come closer to the Lord.

This picture reminds me of the stories I would share, and of the people I met, and the Sisters I received and love.

This past weekend, I got to spend an evening in Salt Lake City with a group of Nauvoo Sisters to celebrate the marriage of one of them. I saw a miniature replica of this statue, and could not resist the opportunity. Thanks, Merry, for helping me recreate the shot.


16 months, a husbands, and a baby later...

1 comment:

Want to talk, just call us