14 March 2009

Prospectus Meeting

I had my Prospectus meeting on Friday, March 13th. It was the official time for all the professors on my thesis committee to get together, review my thesis proposal that I have been working on for months, and to officially "accept" that proposal. It was approved! So now I can move forward with IRB approval, recruit participants, and collect my data. This is the kickstart to the "middle" of my project, the end of the beginning process.

We were pretty excited, so we headed to the BYU Creamery for some ice cream to celebrate. I've noticed that if we say we'll do something to celebrate an achievement later, it never happens, so we went immediately to the Creamery, and stuffed ourselves with dairy goodness.

Hopefully we'll be celebrating the next step before too long!


5 comments:

  1. CONGRATS!!!!! That's awesome Emily!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! Yeah for approval and yeah for ice cream!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi guys! I am so happy for you guys and the pregnancy! I hope all is well

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go Em!! That's great news!! I bet it feels so good. And so does ice cream... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. CONGRATS!!! We are so excited for you! I have a done an IRB request...pretty fun. Good luck with that!

    ReplyDelete

Want to talk, just call us